Monday 6 August 2012

What's with the name?

My business name creates some confusion sometimes...a lot of people think I make shoes. The lady who works at my local post office is still convinced I am a shoe manufacturer - even though I have told her numerous times that I don't make shoes, every time I post of a Ruby Two Shoes parcel she comments 'oh you have been busy making shoes again', or something to that effect!.

My business name actually has nothing to do with shoes. It came from the nickname we called this little cherub when she was a baby.



I think we nicknamed her Ruby Two Shoes because it sounded like 'Ruby Tuesday'. She has a lot of other nicknames now and she doesn't let us call her Ruby Two Shoes anymore, although she is quite chuffed to see her name plastered everywhere on my market stall!

I named the business after her as she was the original inspiration (and model) for my designs. She is a bright, cheeky, happy and loving little thing. She loves to be outdoors and is always busy. She is also not really a girly girl - much preferring to wear shorts and shirts than frilly dresses and skirts (although this is slowly changing - much to my delight!).This is how my range of girls shirts began - I figured if she insisted on only wearing t-shirts and shorts, then they may as well be pretty t-shirts and shorts! A lot of my shirt designs have stemmed from her ideas - my deer, bunny, tree, teapot, elephant and owl designs have all been created upon her request.

I like to think all of the products I create evoke the spirit of my little girl - sweet, fun, colourful, playful, pretty and practical - the definition of my little Ruby Two Shoes and my business. Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment